The new Wiki is up for 26 hours and we got our first spam attempt.
Chad and I quietly moved Ruse into production to support the RubyGarden wiki Wednesday morning. Spam immediately stopped with the new wiki software, mainly because the spam bots don’t know how to update Ruse pages (yet).
I figured that we would get a grace period before the spam starts. Well, here we are … about 26 hours after deployment. Here’s a look at the logs:
Notice the two red postings. They were made by an anonymous user and triggered the spam filters, so they went directly into the tarpit. Non-spamming users won’t ever see that spam.
So, it looks like it is working. It will be interesting to see just how effective Ruse turns out to be.
Oh, by the way. I just checked the logs and we have served over 11,000 wiki pages so far in the day and a half that we have been running.